POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamp without Kinetic : Re: Lamp without Kinetic Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:00:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp without Kinetic
From: Ross
Date: 24 Feb 2005 11:12:10
Message: <421dfcda$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hola,
>
> After some input I've reworked the lamp glass .... I like it much better.
>
> I used Runes' patina macro for the brass lamp.
>
> The table is different and the kinetic toy is gone.
>
> Is it me or does focal blur do a better job than AA command line options?
>
> Ciao Jim

What AA options do you use? +AM2 +A0.3 seems to work well, +A0.1 if I want
higher quality. I usually use +AM1 +A0.3 for quick renders of small width
and height.

the table looks pretty good. the edges of the wood could use a little bevel
or roundness to them to catch a light highlight. the lamp needs a power cord
:) the last nitpick is that the metal connecting the peices of glass seem a
little too thick.

nice work, the lamp looks realistic.